Warding off pain with healthy eating can be easier with the help of this list of pain relieving foods from Dr. Yusuf Mosuro.
As chronic pain is a problem that plagues many Americans these days, it can be beneficial to check out unobtrusive options like dietary changes. While these foods certainly cannot be considered a substitute for prescriptions or medical treatment, they do contain anti-inflammatory and other properties known to aid in alleviating pain.
Foods that can naturally fight pain according to Dr. Yusuf Mosuro include:
· Salmon. This fish is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are unsaturated fats containing anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that omega-3s can relieve neck, joint and back pain.
· Oranges. This fruit, along with other orange produce like pumpkins and cantaloupe, contain beta-cryptoxanthin. This antioxidant has been shown to lessen pain associated with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
· Yogurt. Eating yogurt can help keep stomach pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) at bay. Receive the full benefits by purchasing probiotic yogurt with packaging that expressly notes the product contains live and active cultures.
· Tart cherries. These red fruits contain anthocyanins, antioxidants known for their powerful abilities to fight pain. Eating these cherries or drinking their juice can block inflammation and deter pain enzymes similar to how aspirin works.
· Hot peppers. Anyone seeking natural pain relief may benefit from peppers- the hotter the better, explains Dr. Yusuf Mosuro. Capsaicin is the main ingredient that makes these foods champs when it comes to staving off pain.
· Coffee. Although technically not a food, this beverage can be consumed in moderation for those seeking to reduce their pain levels, notes Dr. Yusuf Mosuro. Caffeine is not only found in coffee, it is also found in many over-the-counter pain relievers. This drink can be used to combat headaches and has also been shown to boost the pain fighting power of other pain reducers.
Exploring all types of options is a good idea when fighting pain is a priority. Although a sound opinion from a trained medical professional is advised, it can’t hurt to eat foods known for their healing properties. Using this list of pain-fighting foods from Dr. Yusuf Mosuro can be a good start. For more information please visit http://dryusufmosuro.com/